Wednesday, January 13, 2010

In a nail spa, what atmosphere and services will make you want to return for future services?

Thinking of opening a nail spa, but I want to keep it simple but make sure that the customers come back for more. What do you like about your current nail place? What do you hate about your current nail place?In a nail spa, what atmosphere and services will make you want to return for future services?
When the girl that doing your nails or toes doesn't talk crap about you in their language. I want to go to an American owned salon, but there aren't any in my area. I would mind paying $10 more to go to your shop if you still did good work, and your technicians were polite. I also hate how they make appointments and then don't honor them.In a nail spa, what atmosphere and services will make you want to return for future services?
I like that there is music playing and that there is a large selection of nail colors so I can do something different everytime. I like that mine doesn't smell strongly like chemicals, it's only faint in the air. I like that the people are incredibly friendly without needing to have a conversation. I don't like that it's tacky. I've been to nail places where the foot massager is literally a $20 Homedics at home one and that turned me right off. I like the leather massage chairs that my place has and I like that the chairs that you sit on to get manicures and pedicures are soft and cushy as well. I also like when a large variety of services are offered like waxing, nails, you could even have an electrolysis rent a space and generate so business that way. Another thing I don't like are the appliances. I think that a nail salon should be sleek and crisp and clean no matter how old it may be. That means stainless steals and crisp counter tops, not gauche peeling gold and cheep plastic counters. I think that you can have a beautiful soothing salon on a small budget even. You just need the right places to look for things. It can be clean and safe and sanitary and still be bautiful with water fountains and a selection of glossy magazines. I hope yo do it, that sounds like a lot of fun.
Make sure the setting has a luxurious feeling to it. When women go for Manicures and Pedicures, etc. We want to feel pampered. Comfy chairs, LOTS of good magazines, clean restrooms, Those massaging chairs for Pedicures, Nice artwork on the wall (not the tacky pics of french manicured nails w/ the hand holding an ice cream cone). Good back ground music, and a friendly staff that remembers your name. All of these things embody my local nail salon and it keeps me coming back for more! I also highly recommend them to anyone who asks.





Also, make sure that the employees don't ask if the person wants a lip wax or an eyebrow wax. Some lady asked me that once while I was getting a pedicure and I felt very offended. If we want any of those services we'll ask.
The salon i go to is awesome they have a fen shui style and it is so relaxing it also smells great. and a big smile and great sense of humor. good luck .
hygienic tools, clean surroundings, good smelling, gentle hands, courteous and friendly staff but not too friendly that they invade your time to relax. a comfy chair that you can sit in for 3 hours w/o getting your but numb or hurting your back. relaxed interiors, calming colors. a wide selection of nail colors and services is also important.





the place i go to has a relaxing atmosphere and sterile tools. even if you get a basic pedicure they wash your feet in warm water which is great and hygienic too. the chairs are comfy and the lighting is sufficient but not too bright to disturb your calmness. i love the fact that they give you a massage with the customary pedicure. they often wrestle with my cuticles and ingrown nails which are painful and sometimes bleed. they offer acrylics, press ons and nail art, massages, nail repair, nail treatments, callus treatments, parafin waxing... what i don't like is that you have to pay extra for a non-OPI color. the colors that i like are not in OPI's line so instead of paying extra i bring my own polish.
well at mine they perm the haris on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment