Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do you tip for services (hair, nails, etc.) when they're from provided by the owner?

Say for instance it's a husband and wife run nail salon, or a single-person doing massages. Do you pay the given price, or add gratuity, knowing they get 100%?Do you tip for services (hair, nails, etc.) when they're from provided by the owner?
I go to a husband/wife run salon and yes, I give tips. It has nothing to do with whether they get 100%. I tip based on their excellent service.Do you tip for services (hair, nails, etc.) when they're from provided by the owner?
I hate to tip bc its a stupid policy. Do you know how much money people waste a year tipping bc they feel they have to? Thousands! Why should we tip when we go somewhere to get a service that we pay for? ODD





i do tip my hair lady bc she stays after hours to do my hair. But thats all..
You're talking a service kind of business. Even if I thought the person cutting my hair was going to get 100% of the cost, I might tip, depending on how I felt I was treated.





Sometimes the situation is very friendly, so instead of money, I might come back with something else. When I got my brakes done at a pop-and-pop place (no mom, y'know, because it's greasy and noisy), I came back later with a cold six-pack of good brew. That was more like a thank-you gift than a tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment